Software Development Engineer in Test
enLabel looking for a high-potential individual to join the Product Engineering team that develops and supports enLabel’s suite of products. The Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) will help accelerate product delivery by developing manual and automated solutions to support all aspects of software testing.
This position is responsible for testing various applications while adhering to internal standards and processes. You will create, design, execute and maintain tests that will cover functional, integration, web services, database and end-to-end testing along with test data and environment preparation. You will perform analysis and troubleshooting of technical and environmental issues. You will also perform test automation development and execution. You will have some supervisory role of other team members and be responsible for training and coaching them on processes and tools.
The successful candidate will have solid interpersonal and organizational skills, excellent communication and analytical skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a deep understanding of our products’ technical architecture to effectively identify and implement the appropriate test approach for each layer of the application
- Develop automated tests/tools to efficiently perform installation/upgrade testing and platform certifications
- Design, maintain and execute manual and automated tests for GUI, functional, integration, web services and end-to-end tests
- Perform back-end/database validation
- Integrate with SCM infrastructure to establish a continuous build and deploy framework for test cycles
- Setup and manage test environments
- Perform installation/upgrade testing, platform and browser certifications
- Document test execution results and log defects
- Provide support for other testing activities as needed
- Provide leadership/mentorship within the team and drive improvements to processes and standards
Essential Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, MIS, Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Software Developer, QA Engineer, or related positions
- Solid analytical problem solving skills
- Solid experience in testing multi-layer enterprise applications
- Expertise in developing test plans, executing tests and documenting results
- Strong understanding of relational database concepts and objects and familiarity with database technologies (Oracle, SQL Server); demonstrated ability to write and understand simple to moderately complex SQL queries
- Basic working knowledge of one or more scripting languages: Python, PERL, Ruby, etc.
- Good understanding of Web Services (SOAP, REST)
- Good understanding of coding fundamentals (variable declaration, program flow, functions, error handling, etc)
- Proven experience in testing web-based applications
- Experience in one or more of the following tools/technologies/methodologies is desired:
- o Continuous Integration/Delivery solutions and tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, GitLabCI o Modern version control systems like: SVN, Git, Perforce o Selenium o SOAPUI o Agile (SCRUM)